Monday, January 2, 2012

Favorite Time of Day (1.2.2012)



I was driving home today after a gettingreadyforwork manicure and a OMG!I-just-dropped-Sam-off-at-the-group-home kind of day and saw how beautiful the sky looked. I live in the closest thing to a "planned community" that MN has: it's a large group of single-family homes and townhomes and they even have a few homes that are clustered together to make believe they are Brooklyn brownstones! Funny, I really felt at home from the minute I saw this place. It must have been the sidewalks and the attempt at diversity. But the truth is, I like living here. I love that there are tons of young families and kids running around; old codgers like me; and even older codgers living in the ranch style homes across the way. PS - So far I am the only one with a pink trash can...:-)

The gazebo in the photo is one of the few embellishments to the development, except for a "charming" public bus pavillion. I've lived here for 8 years and in that time, I've never seen anyone use the gazebo. But what a nice thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment