Thursday, January 12, 2012

Llamas, Alpacas and Mini-Mansions. Oh My! (1.12.2012)

This post is going to be about llamas, but not Fernando Lamas or his son, Lorenzo Lamas. Those guys won't be mentioned, so if you were looking for a juicy story about say...Argentina, you won't find it here. What you will find is a story about a very average, normal neighborhood in Plymouth, MN that happens to have a bunch of llamas right in the middle of a group of suburban homes.

It's really the oddest thing to see a very large fenced in area containing llamas (and alpacas, apparently) right in the middle of town. I mean, I don't live in Mayberry or anything. It is Minnesota, but we don't have farmers on every corner or anything (which I think was my general impression of Minnesota before I moved here, back when I lived in and around New York City). Or maybe I'm in denial. Because, apparently, I live in a neighborhood that has a pen full of llamas right down the street. Or is it a bunch of alpacas? I haven't figured that out yet. (It's like they say: you can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take the New York out of the girl.)

These guys, whatever they are, are really damned cute. They look like big, furry E.T. type characters with these big Bambi eyes. And yesterday morning, as I was driving by them on my way to work, there were two of them hanging out together near the street, and I just had this urge to beep my horn at them and say: "Way to GO you cute little llamas in the middle of my neighborhood!" But I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment