Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Naming of Parts (1.10.2012)













Today we have naming of parts. Yesterday,
We had daily cleaning. And tomorrow morning,
We shall have what to do after firing. But today,
Today we have naming of parts. Japonica
Glistens like coral in all the neighboring gardens,
And today we have naming of parts.

--Excerpt from Naming of Parts by Henry Reed

Yesterday, we had a full moon. It was the first thing I saw as I put the car in drive, after turning on my fashionable heel and walking out the door with my suitcase, after he said "well, I don't want to have dinner any more", after a long pause where I wondered if he had listened to a word I had said, and after I had finally listened to the little voice in my stomach that said "you need to get out of here", after he tried to pretend that ignoring everything I asked of him was just fine, as it always had been, after I used my voice again to say that everything was not fine and had not been fine for quite a while, and even after what had been love was reduced to two people in one small room who were far, far away from each other on a Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment