Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Scenes From Red Lobster (2.08.2012)

One of the joys of taking Sam to Red Lobster
is that he is always so amazed by the lobsters.
He always wants to touch them.
 

And I always have to remind him that
it's rude to play with other people's food.
(What else would a Mom say?)


I kept taking his picture.
He was very patient with me.


That young man sure loves
him some coconut shrimp!


He turned the tables on me and took my phone.
He took this picture of me...


Then he kept taking pictures
until I had to stop him.


I was seeing spots (from the flash)
by the time he was done.


Have I remembered to tell anyone
who would listen today
how much I love Sam?



Author's Note: Sam is my 21 year old son. He was diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) when he was 2 1/2. He has been living in a group home for about 10 years where he has truly received the support he needed to thrive. During the week he has a job but he spends every weekend with me or his Dad. Just tonight, Sam and I decided that we should make every Wednesday a standing dinner date. When I dropped him off at the group home after dinner, he asked me: "So are you free next Wednesday?" No one makes me laugh harder or feel more joy about life on this earth than Sam.     

No comments:

Post a Comment