Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fitbit: One Friggin' Miracle (3.21.2012)

Two weeks ago I bought myself a Fitbit. In case you don't know, Fitbit (www.fitbit.com) is a wireless activity tracker. Kind of a pedometer on steroids. It's super-small, super-easy to use and comes in pink. Need I say more?


Ever since joining the fitness challenge at work I have been obsessed with using it. It tracks my steps, my activity level, my stair climbing (yes, I actually use the stairs now) -- it even provides information on my "sleep efficiency" so when I wake up in the morning I know that I've really been sleeping. 
It's really the coolest thing.

Fitbit is an instant gratification monster. As long as I'm doing my part by staying active and logging my foods, it will tell me how I'm doing. One day at a time. Slow and steady. And I like that.
I need that.


I've just started my fitness journey with Fitbit, but I'm already seeing some nice results. Like many women, I find that my body takes it's own sweet time to respond to a new fitness regimen. But I know I feel better already, have more energy, and by some friggin' miracle, have actually started taking the stairs. Every day.
It's going to be an interesting spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment