Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mission Possible: Buttermilk Donuts (3.25.2012)

Lately, Sunday has become baking day in the Taylor household. Knowing that Sam loves donuts almost as much as he loves Nintendo, I decided to give it try. It was super easy and the donuts were good! I think Krispy Kreme has nothing to worry about, but it was fun to make my first batch ever.

 Step 1: Follow and Mix.

Step 2: Panic.
(OMG, these look awful! Is this going to work???)

Step 3: Relief.
(OK, these look more normal.)

Step 4: Viola and Mom Rocks!
Let them cool and then decorate them
with sugar glaze and the sprinkles picked out
by the Sprinke Expert on Saturday.*


* I haven't included the sugar glaze recipe because I didn't think it was that great. It was a donut glaze recipe from Alton Brown (Sorry, Alton).
In my opinion, it was average.
I would recommend finding a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment