Thursday, April 5, 2012

"E" is for Eggs. (4.5.2012)

Today is a photo blog.

Eggs.
Isn't this the most beautiful thing?
This is definitely a photo I wish I had taken.
(But didn't.)

This has been a very busy week at work and tomorrow is my knee surgery. Somehow looking at the natural beauty of these eggs....


...the sweetness of the hatchling
A hatchling greets the world.

...and the beautiful colors in the
orderly arrangement of these eggs
Eggs from Jennifer Trainer Thompson’s hens at her home in Williamstown, Mass. Ms. Trainer Thompson, who works at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, has just published “The Fresh Egg Cookbook.”


...calms me down and helps me get centered again.
Ahhhhhhh. It's going to be ok.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to the story in The Times:

Author's Note: In the month of April, I am participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge. The idea is to blog about something every day, starting with the first letter in the alphabet ("A") and continuing through all 26 letters (to "Z"). (We get Sundays off for good behavior.) In order to make this fun and challenging, I've decided to theme my A to Z blogging. Here's the plan: since I love reading The New York Times, and since I always find no shortage of frightfully interesting stories, I am going to center my blog on the stories I find in The Times. One thing I promise: an A to Z ride through The Times as diverse as the Gray Lady herself. Hang on for some fun. Or as Kevin said in Home Alone (one of my favorite lines), "I think I'll give it a whirl..."

4 comments:

  1. I love eggs - scrambled, boiled, fried, poached -any which way is okay with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought the one before was good-but this one's even better!pretty!

      Delete
  2. Didn't know eggs came in so many colors!

    Look forward to your challenge run…
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    PS: pls turn off your word verification to make it easier to comment---you might consider comment moderation instead if you're unsure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word verification turned off! Thanks for the comment! Didn't realize it was turned on...

      Delete