Monday, April 9, 2012

"H" is for Heels. (4.9.2012)

"H" is for Heels. Something I won't be wearing for quite a while. I just had my ACL reconstructed on Friday. Everything is going really well with it, and it's healing nicely. I just wish I had asked my orthopod when I could wear heels again. If he gave me a date, that would give me an opportunity to make a really corny joke: "Really? That's funny, because I couldn't wear heels before surgery. Yuk, yuk, yuk."

I noticed these blue suede Guiseppe Zanotti heels advertised in The Times. It made me think.



It lead me to look at other Guiseppe Zanotti heels...

...for different occasions...
...different styles...

...and then of-course, the
more practical every day shoe.

But the blue shoes, that were advertised in The Times were really the ones the made me think about what the life of the woman who wears these shoes looks like. Not physically so much, but what does her day look like? Does she walk much? Does she take her kids to the dentist? What about grocery shopping -- does she have people who do that for her? Or am I just so out-of-touch that shoes like this are no big deal? I will say that the first and last time I saw a pair of shoes like this (other than on the tootsies of one of The Real Housewives) was after the theatre one night. It was 11:15 pm and although there was snow on the ground there were 7" suede heels on the feet of some very, very young women who were just beginning their evening. So maybe that's it: they only come out at night?

And just for the record, I am all in favor of slipping your feet into these beautiful, breathtaking Guiseppe Zanotti's no matter what your life looks like. If you can afford them and any incurred orthopedic costs, I say "go for it." That's what I say.

Link to Saks Fifth Avenue Shoes
(A New York Times Advertiser):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: In the month of April, I am participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge. The idea is to blog about something every day, starting with the first letter in the alphabet ("A") and continuing through all 26 letters (to "Z"). (We get Sundays off for good behavior.) In order to make this fun and challenging, I've decided to theme my A to Z blogging. Here's the plan: since I love reading The New York Times, and since I always find no shortage of frightfully interesting stories, I am going to center my blog on the stories I find in The Times. One thing I promise: an A to Z ride through The Times as diverse as the Gray Lady herself. Hang on for some fun. Or as Kevin said in Home Alone (one of my favorite lines), "I think I'll give it a whirl..."

19 comments:

  1. I never wore heels even when I was still working and not a mom, before I liven what I livei in now, slippers and slip on flats. Though there are days when I wouldn't mind finding out what it is like to be a lady in heels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! Anything over an inch and I'm in nosebleed territory. But what a thought! Maybe this goes under "F" for Fantasy...lol. Thanks Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... a wonderful selection of heels! A different brand of "eye-candy".
    Definitely NOT for the faint-hearted and I think they fall under the category of "nocturnal creatures"... only surface in the dark...
    Visiting from the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren"t they? They are low-calorie eye-candy. I can see why people collect them...

      Delete
  4. The solid red one's hot! Used to wear heels all the time - these days I mostly live in fuzzy slippers and a robe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's...quite...high...

    I would fall down if I wore those. I like the red ones, though. Very fashionable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about the brown buckly ones! Oh I so want those. I do wear heels, though I no longer work and have no real reason to even buy them often. I own a few basic solid go-to heels. One black, plain 4", one brown, plain 3.5" and a couple of black 3" pairs with some cute shaped heels and one adorable pair of wedges 3.5" in nude. I wear them shopping sometimes and anytime I have an excuse to dress up. I will wear them with jeans or dress pants or skirts or dresses...oh I feel like such a girlie girl when I wear heels and I love the sound of clickity click click when I walk.
    Enough....sorry, I love shoes and heels are like really SHOES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Jo: I really LOVE the brown buckly ones and the silver wedges are a favorite too. But anything in suede is a real draw for me...So yes, have to admit, I am a SHOE LOVER TOO! :-)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous shoes, but I would be terrified to attempt to wear such things. I know I would break something important within the first few steps. LOL


    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those blue shoes would have gone splendidly with an outfit I wore 30 years ago! LOL. I still love the heels, but I don't kid myself into believing I will ever wear them (in public) again. They do have some REALLY cute shoes though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, those day are gone for me too! Maybe I should have categorized this post as "d" for I can DREAM can't I? :-)

      Delete
  9. I used to wear slight (less than 3" heels) and loved them. Unfortunately, I'm one of the peeps susceptible to Morton's neuroma, which said heels gave me.

    Now I'm forever confined to the Sisterhood of the Butt-Ugly shoes, and am hoping - provided I stay in flats, wear my orthotic inserts, and get periodic cortisone shots - to avoid the surgery my sister had to have, where they first cut the nerve and then scrape the inflamed nerve tissue off the toe like chicken meat off a drumstick. Still have shoe envy though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute post on heels! Hahaha...I would be to afraid to tip over on those things! There was a tan pair pictured that I liked, minus 2 or 3 inches. When I worked in a bank, I used to wear heels every single day...how did my feet survive! I can barely handle them for a night out...It's all about flip-flops now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an entertaining post! Loved this line - "But the blue shoes, that were advertised in The Times were really the ones the made me think about what the life of the woman who wears these shoes looks like." :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't you wonder though? I think we have a good idea for a post: A Day in the Life of This Shoe...:-)

      Delete
  12. I could never wear heels this high, but they are fun to look at.

    Nice to meet you, and I hope you're enjoying the Challenge!

    KarenG
    A to Z Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen -- thanks for visiting! Nice to meet you too! Really enjoying the challenge -- finally at the point where I can look ahead a day or two. More fun to come...:-)

      Delete
  13. i don't care who you are and what your life looks like....your cankle is going to SNAP in those heels. no way. no how, could you pay me enough to wear those. they sure are cute though! HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Rache, maybe I need to turn around this "torn ACL" story. A skiing accident is a better story than tripping over your cat, but falling off a pair of $750 heels is the best story of all!!! lol

      Delete