Saturday, April 21, 2012

"S" is for Summer, Smiles and a Short Film (4.21.2012)


This is a video blog.
It is meant to make you SMILE, but I bet it will make you laugh and cry too.


The next time you have a day when you wonder about
the state of the world
and how people are with each other,
watch this short film.



There is also a nugget of an idea here for how we can
 inspire our kids to stretch their imagination
and help them build their dreams.

------------------------------------------

Link to The Times story:
The Genius of Unstructured Summer Time
------------------------------------------
Author's Note: In the month of April, I am participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge. The idea is to blog about something every day, starting with the first letter in the alphabet ("A") and continuing through all 26 letters (to "Z"). (We get Sundays off for good behavior.) In order to make this fun and challenging, I've decided to theme my A to Z blogging. Here's the plan: since I love reading The New York Times, and since I always find no shortage of frightfully interesting stories, I am going to center my blog on the stories I find in The Times. One thing I promise: an A to Z ride through The Times as diverse as the Gray Lady herself. Hang on for some fun. Or as Kevin said in Home Alone (one of my favorite lines),
 "I think I'll give it a whirl..."


11 comments:

  1. My grandson used to make a lot of models from cardboard and sticky tape. One was a children's playground, with swings, slide etc etc, another was a row of high street shops. He had (and still has) a very creative mind, and won a prize for his design project last year (he's now 17)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this a few days ago. Yes, I love it when people act out of their God's image side, instead of resisting it. Now good old Caine has most of his college education paid for, just like that! Amazing.
    Thanks for stopping by Wisconsin!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, I had not heard about it (and I live in LA). Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! As much as it went viral, it's a big world out there! It's such a heartwarming story. If you ever find yourself in East LA, buy me a Fun Pass and I'll pay you back :-)

      Delete
    2. I live wayyyy on the opposite side of LA. But sure, if I ever find myself there, you got it! Where are you at?

      Delete
    3. I'm in Minneapolis! Fly-over Land, but a very nice place :-) lol

      Delete
  4. If we could just act like a little child, all would be well with the world. Where have I heard that thought before?

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great thought. Now if we can just keep it going...:-) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad that I stopped by to watch your video, Denine, it was a sincere pleasure. I had a smile the entire viewing. :)

    By the way, thank you for having stopped to visit my blog. I appreciate it!

    Wising you much blessings,
    ~Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nini! Same here! And by the way: we share a first name (at least that's my nickname. A family thing...:-)I will visit your blog again....

      Delete