Friday, April 27, 2012

"X" is for X's and O's and...Oooops! (4.27.2012)

Say It Ain't So, Bobby!*
Well, you can add Bobby Petrino, the controversial but winning coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks, to the short but growing list of public figures caught in the wrong place at the right time. It's a frequent and common recipe for public disaster that usually goes something like this:




Recipe for Meltdown Stew

Two parts well-seasoned, powerful older man* 
One part fresh, beautiful blond employee 
Mix in a devoted wife and four kids
Add a dash of weekend and a Harley-Davidson
A pinch of money and lies
Pour into an out-of-town getaway
Cook over high heat.
Do not freeze.
(Will keep for as long as it's covered.) 

*Now that the rumors are flying of naked photos of Bobby Petrino being sent by text, you might want to peel before cooking.

---------------------------------------------------
Link to The Times Story:

Scandal Involving Petrino Goes Beyond X’s and O’s

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/07/sports/ncaafootball/bobby-petrino-scandal-goes-beyond-football-acumen.html?pagewanted=all

*Photo licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
---------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: In the month of April, I am participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge. The idea is to blog about something every day, starting with the first letter in the alphabet ("A") and continuing through all 26 letters (to "Z"). We get Sundays off for good behavior. In order to make this fun and challenging, I've decided to theme my A to Z blogging. Here's the plan: since I love reading The New York Times, and since I always find no shortage of frightfully interesting stories, I am going to center my blog on the stories I find in The Times. One thing I promise: an A to Z ride through The Times as diverse as the Gray Lady herself. Hang on for some fun. Or as Kevin said in Home Alone (one of my favorite lines), "I think I'll give it a whirl..."

7 comments:

  1. Makes ya sad, doesn't it? I just wish these men and women had some sense of moral behavior. Just some. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the power thing isn't it? I know John Doe does play away from home, but so many reports are of men who should know better and are regularly in the public eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one of the other ingredients is a handful of ego. I mean, this went so far as giving the woman $20K in cash AND a job with the University. It's like he was an Emperor not a coach (and now, apparently, with no clothes...:-)

      Delete
  3. I bet, percentage-wise, there's fewer powerful married men who DON'T have affairs, than there are powerful married men who have 'em without getting caught. Got to wonder, do they think they'll never get caught, or are they like Scarlett O'Hara, "I'll think about it tomorrow"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe is right on and very common I'm afraid. What is strange is that they act so shocked when they are exposed. Really???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so disappointed in John Edwards, I thought he was so handsome. But he was another one!!! I think Beverly is so right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will keep for as long as it's covered. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete