Friday, May 18, 2012

My Cheatin' Heart

I have been cheating on my sweet little blog this week. I have, on two occasions already, taken my writing affections and bestowed them on two other sites as a “guest”. Then I snuck away into the night leaving my own blog site with a story from last Monday. Ooops.

You always have to watch out for the quiet ones.

I’ve become so accustomed to writing for my blog in a particular voice that it’s fun to moonlight on completely different topics. Some of the writing feels like work writing (in a good way): informational, mildly persuasive (hopefully) and succinct. However, I recently volunteered to write a post for a nature center in Ontario that is somewhat different. Like I was cheating on my blog while wearing a red wig, a trench and smoking a Marlboro. 

Here is the link to my guest post ("The Tourist"), in the blog section of the Gamiing Nature Center. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

4 comments:

  1. Odd you should be asked to write for Ontario when you live in Minnesota. Enjoyed the post. You are not the only one to write about peace and quiet this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! It was a volunteer gig...just to write about nature in general. But it would have been fun to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your blog! I had a similar experience the other day. After dropping the kids off at school, I drove to the beach and just sat and sat. I pondered that same question...why don't I do this more often? (I love being at the beach and hearing the sound of the waves...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I was near a beach that isn't a lake! Going up to Lake Superior next wknd so that will have to do. :-) Thanks for visiting...Denine

      Delete