Sunday, June 10, 2012

One Lovely Little Opportunity to Appreciate

One of the early birthday gifts I received this year was from my dear blogger buddy, Jo. (http://henderson-jo.blogspot.com/). Jo awarded me a very cool One Lovely Blog award which is the very first honor I've received from fellow bloggers. What a nice idea.
Jo is originally from Cheshire, England, living in Canada, and has – for some reason – adopted me as one of my most consistent followers and commenters. So pardon me while I scream but, THANK YOU, JO! I appreciate and humbly accept the award (and apologize that between enjoying the MN summer way too much already AND then getting the flu, that I haven't had a chance to pay it forward.) Today is the day!

As part of the ceremonial festivities, my job is now to answer the following questions (heh heh heh – little does Jo know that I answer questions for a living.):


1. Name the blogger who awarded you this fantastic award 
“Jo awarded me the One Lovely Little Blog Award. Please refer to the paragraph above for further information.” OK, I’ll stop.


Random Fact #3.
2. List 7 random facts about yourself:
1. I am not a natural blond.
2. I am a retired triathlete, having completed approximately 25 triathlons of all shapes and sizes when I was in my mid-40’s.
3. I am attracted to soft spoken men. If they have a Southern accent, I’m a goner. 
Random Fact #5
4. I have a tattoo on my ankle that I got when I was 48. It says “Irongirl” in script over a blue and green hibiscus. 
5. I am addicted to Diet Peach Snapple. 
6. I spent six months in Florence, Italy when I was in my senior year in college.
7. In 1977, I left college nine credits short of my Bachelor's degree. I finished them up in 2004 and my diploma hangs upstairs in my walk-in closet.  


3. Award 15 other bloggers this award. Here are my 15 nominations for the One Lovely Blog award. And because I love these blog children equally, I have listed them in alpha-order. Just sayin':

  1. Amy McMunn Schindler at From The Mom Cave 
  2. Beautiful Dee at Beautiful Dees   
  3. Daphne Palmer Romero at My Distant Husband 
  4. Dawn Storey at Alphabet Salad 
  5. Emily Rose at Mommy of An Angel 
  6. FashionistaNYC at Out and About in New York City 
  7. Jenny at Choice City Native 
  8. Jessica at .a sort of mental squint.
  9. Laura Rodgers at Stoopin It In The Suburbs
  10. Linda Padilla Schulman at Beachlover
  11. Megan at MeganBlogs  
  12. Melissa Sugar Gold at Have You Heard? 
  13. Mikazuki at It's Raining Blue Umbrellas? 
  14. Ryan at 366 Random Acts of Kindness 
  15. Tara Adams at Faith in Ambiguity
Thanks for all the reading pleasure you've given me and congratulations!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've had the flu - bit late in the season wasn't it? Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Feeling much better...it didn't last too long but it left it's mark! I lost two pounds, but I wouldn't recommend it...lol

      Delete
  2. Yay!! Let me say that better.. YAY!!!! For you and for me. I remember my first blog award, sniff, it was last month LOL. I gotta definitely do something with this, once I finish tidying up the new blog.

    Thanks sweets. Right back atcha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. This is my first too! Who needs Valentino? We have AWARDS! (YAY!)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much, I am honored and I hope I am not insulting you by taking the honor but leaving the meme .. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No insult, no insult! Enjoy as you wish...Cheers!

      Delete